Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions - Completely new to Exchange - please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbayter

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2002
CO
HI,
I'm completely new to ExchangeServer and have never used it before. I used other mail server because EXchange did not allow me to used without active directory. Now I've installed Win 2000 server and installed the Exchange Server 2000.
In the other mail servers I've used it was pettry easy to set up users and manage account but ES seems more difficult and I have some questions that may be stupid but I have to know.
HOw do you setup new accounts?
When you have everything setup, how do check the email, via web or POP?
I understand you can do via web but do I need a software for this, or ES comes with it?
Any tutorials online or websites you can refer me to I 'd really appreciate it.
Thanks, sbayter

Hi,

You can setup new account from within Exchange administrator itself, by going to the file menu and choosing new mailbox, and you can check mail be using a suitable client. i.e. Outlook or the Exchange client.

Upsilona

Hi,
Exchange 2000 does not have any system administrator, I has a system manager but it does n't have any file or new mail box in.
how can I get the exchange client?
Thanks, sbayter

The Exchange 2k Forum is at forum858 might get more help there mate.

Can you run ms exchange server 5.5 on nt server 4 and also have a windows 2000 server as your main server. If so what actions are needed for the exchange to work properly. As of right now they will not talk.

fyrfyter71, make a new post please, do not add on to another, that will confuse people If the solution is here, let us know it was helpful so others can benefit from it as too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back