Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

questions about using nsrjb

Status
Not open for further replies.

goomba77

Technical User
Dec 14, 2004
US
I'm looking to use nsrjb -x -T from the networker server to remove a tape on a storage node without having to ssh. So using the following command I get an error:

nsrjb -x -j 'rd=abc:3494lib1' -s xyz-T O02059
nsrjb: error, No jukebox named `rd=abc:3494lib1'

Anybody have any recommendations?

Thanks.

The error message is correct. Why - because you obviously talk to a device, not to a jukebox. So it can not be found.

How would I go about finding the Jukebox name? When I go to Media -> Devices that is the name that comes up for the jukebox. I've even tried with just k2dmzabk1, removing just the rd=, etc. Any tips? Thanks.

I am a bit confused because k2dmzabk1 has not been mentioned before. What does it represent?.

It genenral what you have to specify is the jukebox name, which is a string that you assign. It is not the device name which is a fixed value depending on your OS and device settings. You will be asked for that name during the jbconfig installation.

With this name NW will find the jukebox - you must tell him with "rd=" on which host to look for it.

Unfortunately, i can not verify it right now as i don't have hardware access.

K2dmzabk1 is the hostname of the storage node that I'm trying to do this for. If I went into jbconfig would this show the names? Or is there some output from nsradmin that would show you this information? Here's some output below:

$ /usr/sbin/nsradmin -i - << EOF
show name
print type: nsr jukebox
> show name
> print type: nsr jukebox
> EOF
name: 3494lib1;

name: "rd=k2dmzbbk1:3494lib1";

name: "rd=k2dmzabk1:3494lib1";

name: "rd=e2pscorlawdba04:3494lib1";

name: "rd=e2qsavcedwdba01:3494lib1";

name: "rd=e2dscorfspdba01:3494lib1";

name: "rd=e2psavcedwdba01:3494lib1";

do this

nsradmin>show name
nsradmin>print type: nsr device

just change ur jukebox to device and it will spit out all thde devices/drives

RV

This is still not perfect but now i get a clue. Because you also have all drives listed within the jukebox resource, you get more than one name.

The jukebox name is just "3494lib1" - all other names are device names, not jukebox names.

I'm a little confused. I do have 1 library - 3494lib1 with a bunch of virtual jukeboxes. So I need to add the tape to k2dmzabk1. Each of the above has their own tapes that I have to assign daily. So what would the command be? See, usually I'll:
ssh k2dmzabk1 "nsrjb -s cdavisqa1 -a -T #####"
But I'm trying to get away from ssh because my environment is getting away from that and figured I should be able to do that from the main server which is cdavisqa1.

Virtual jukeboxes - yes and no. At least it gave me the idea to look up what it really is.

Actually with respect to NetWorker, it is a SILO type library, which is not the same as a jukebox. However, you still use the jukebox command nsrjb.

If you are a NetWorker Administrator, simply run the nsrjb command by itself. However, with respect to security, i don't know whether this will work in your environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back