Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions about save dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

acsooley

Programmer
Nov 13, 2002
CA
I have been reviewing and testing the code in thread695-824677 and have tested it with a page named test.jsp. When sending the info to test.jsp?filename=adam.xml it will ask me to save test.jsp and not adam.xml. Do anyone know of options to change what info is presented in the dialog box?

thx..
adam

If you had a file in the root directory of your file system (ie "\"), and file called "test.png", and your jsp was called "download.jsp", you would call it like this :

path=\&filename=test.png

--------------------------------------------------
Free Java/J2EE Database Connection Pooling Software

BTW, that code is not very good because it checks neither if the "path" or "filename" request parameters exist before using them, nor does it check if the file actually exists on the server, nor does it handle errors gracefully.

Well I would have to disagree there - it works fine for me in IE6 and Firefox, using Tomcat 5.0.25 .

Hi

I have similar error with Opera and PHP. It just not show any interest for the [tt]filename[/tt] given in the [tt]Content-disposition[/tt] HTTP header.

Feherke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back