Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions about Lucent Definity/Cisco ICM integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

dipanjanc

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
US
I am trying to develop a CTI application using Lucent/Avaya Definity switch and Cisco/Geotel ICM server. I am running into a couple of issues and will greatly appreciate any input.

1) Call rollover - what event from ICM I need to trap to know that a call has been rolled over from agent A to agent B ? When it is rolled over from A to B, I need to disable the popup on agent A's desktop. I was trying to trap the ringing event of B to disable the popup of A. That strategy does not work for the last agent in the chain, because for him it goes back to the first agent's voicemail and I dont get the ringing event and the last agent has the popup hanging. How do I solve this ? should I try to capture the CALL_QUEUED event ?

2) I don't get the talking event and connection_established event when I send the answer request (ANSWER_CALL_REQ), if I directly dial a logged-in agent's extension from a non-logged-in extension. Instead if I dial the skill group number, the same agent gets the call and his ANSWER_CALL_REQ with exactly the same parameters as in the first case works. Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot.

1)From the way you describe the the call sequence, the switch is set up using call hunting which is a station feature and not an ACD feature. Checking CALL_QUEUED will not help because the call is not being queued, it is being delivered to agent A and after a set time (if the call is not answered), the call is being removed from agent A and sent to agent B. If this is set up as EAS and the call is being removed from agent A and send to agent B, then the switch is applying RONA (redirection on no answer), I don't know directly how you trigger on a RONA event but that might be an area to look at.
2.) Do you have direct agent calling set up on your Definity? That may be why you don't get the message by calling the Agent ID.

Leo V. Brown

Leo,
The CTI application should give a trigger for all the event which are happening over an agents phone as long as the agent is logged in, either in EAS or non-EAS & there are events for the direct agent calls also,

Dipanjanc,
Are you trying to write a CTI application which would run with Definity or you are creating an application which would use the CTI application of Avaya(CentreVu CTI)to do some sort of customization. because CentreVu CTI have various call instances which you can capture from the server for various call types.You can get these events from "TSSPY" on the CTI server. This would help you identify in "Which call sequence you should track to transfer the screen to a user."
Are you not using the auto answer feature? becuase the CTI setup works best when you use auto answer facility.

Let me know if it helps.

Regards,
Pradeep

Now that I think of it, problem 1) may be call coverage issue on a direct agent call. If agent A has a coverage path associated with their login ID, is logged in and doesn't answer, coverage will send it to the next place in the coverage path which is agent B. The CTI script is delivering the screen with the call which is removed (because the no answer timer expires)and the call is delivered to the next coverage point which is agent B.

I think the question becomes when to deliver a screen on a direct agent call. This wouldn't be a problem with a regular ACD call because they don't follow coverage (but they do RONA so it could be an issue there also).
The issue is that agent A leaves his/her station and stays logged in. If they logged out, the call would not be offered to agent A and just follow the coverage path.
This problem could be looked at as a procedural issue, i.e. agents must log out or go into an aux state when away from their desks, or a programming issue where the screen is delivered when the call is answered instead of offered.

One thing on coverage I can't remember is when the call is removed from agent A and delivered to agent B, is it still considered an ACD call and are the CTI messages still sent? And is the number in the coverage path a direct agent ID or a station extension?

This call may not be using coverage, but there are only a few cases where a call is delivered to an agent and then removed.

Leo V. Brown

Thanks a lot for your replies. The second has problem been solved. It was a switch configuration issue.

I looked into the first problem a little bit more. It is a coverage call. The problem is I don't have a voicemail setup. so the last guy (Agent c) in the coverage path gets an indefinitely long ringing. But after 5 seconds of a CALL_DELIVERED to that guy, I get an END_CALL_EVENT from ICM which makes our app to close the app, though the call is still active. It seems to be a lucent/Cisco ICM integration issue. On our client's site they have the voicemail setup at the end of coverage path. There if
a) the call has been initiated by a logged-on agent, we get
a SILENCE_MONITOR event when it goes to VM and I can close the screen on the last guy's desktop. However,
b) if the call is initiated by a non logged-in agent/customer, we don't get the SILENT_MONITOR and don't know when to disable the last guy's popup. We can't do it on
END_CALL_EVENT, because that is too soon and the call is still active at that station. Any ideas ?
Thanks a lot again.

I am writing my own application and not using the Avaya's application. It's a part of our multi-channel CRM product.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back