Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questions about definity 83xx and CDR processing software

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZebrAYA

IS-IT--Management
Mar 16, 2007
CO
Questions about definity 83xx and CDR processing software

Hello boys

I was checking today a definity system 8xxx (dated 2004) the people report that many calls are being held over the reasonable time, for example calls of more than 4 hours. Are being shown in the CDR processing software.

Although employees showing this long long calls are not being fined the managers are somewhat worried about that

They asked for Avaya support and they just said that the system is OK, that when a 4 hours (240 minutes) call appears is because it was done.

The system uses only ISDN cards, some for connecting users with the public Telco and others for having a back to back connection with some other PBX

We make several tests and it appears not to be caused by terminals (digital and analog), nor by trunks, (there are no alarms of ISDN mal function).

We are tailoring two or three suspects

1) the CDR software is corrupt, they are creating fictitious call duration times due to not good reading of CDR software
2) the CDR Avaya is sending is on a different format than the software could receive
3) the CDR Avaya is sending is corrupt, the CDR processing is damaged or something alike (very improbable)

any hints?
it will be very much appreciated

(July of 2009 )(after six months of sleep ZebrAYA is back)
[Always Close your threads for avoiding other people to entangle]

Hello ZebrAYA,

I wouldn't have thought the CDR is corrupt, although it is possible. I would suggest trying to get the RDT Reliable Data Transfer/Transport) program from the Avaya webiste. It's a simple program that captures CDR. Then configure the secondary CDR to send to the server/PC where the RDT is installed.

The only other thing I can think of is seeing if there are any patch/firmware upgrades for you level of CM.

hope this helps.

You should enable ACA (Automatic Circuit Assurance) for long call durations on your trunk-group(s)

You will be alerted when calls exceed the programmed threshold.

Code:
display system-parameters features                              Page   2 of  11
                    FEATURE-RELATED SYSTEM PARAMETERS

Automatic Circuit Assurance (ACA) Enabled? y
                                     ACA Referral Calls: local
                               ACA Referral Destination: 1059
           ACA Short Holding Time Originating Extension: 1057
           ACA Long  Holding Time Originating Extension: 1058
-----------------------------------------------------------

change trunk-group 10                                           Page   2 of  21
TRUNK FEATURES
          ACA Assignment? y            Measured: none
Long Holding Time(hours): 1                               Maintenance Tests? y
 Short Holding Time(sec): 10   Data Restriction? n
 Short Holding Threshold: 15
Command: list aca-parameters
[aca-on] [number] [to-number] [name] [count] [print] [schedule]
------------------------------------------------------------

Command: list measurements aca
------------------------------------------------------------

find "aca-halt" button
Command: list button-location-aca

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Hello Again

I am very thankful with your gladly answers
and impressed of AvayaTier3 experience (that's a life)

I'm trying your techniques

and would like to show you some weird things found until now

for the more-than-3-hours calls founded in the billing software, they are not registered a a NICE call recording system programmed to record 100% calls on some extensions.

Also discovered that there's a second (old) billing software active, I compared the records from (new) software and the long calls don't appear to be the same

I would think its because of the SW, however this software is used at other large systems, without failures.

I am now getting the original CDRs to determine who is telling the truth

After pursuing the truth looking to the pure CDR files.

There are some unusual patterns like these:

There are calls from one number with duration of 559 mins, which is indeed the maximum duration recordable by the system (9 hours, 59 mins)

That shows that the call was more than 10 hours long, but system cannot show how long.

One might think that it was “stuck” calls put in hold, but its remarkable that the station involved was analog, and the CRD show two simultaneous calls, and as far I know the station cannot hold more than one call, the other is active and should not stuck!

Also the CDRs show that these long calls were made using authorization codes

We are proposing to try to repeat the behavior from the involved station, but monitoring such a system in working hours is a little hard by the traffic.

Have you seen something like that?

A sample:

111509 1512 9590 30191 4444 5691900 0 4 032 906
111509 1514 9590 30191 4444 5691900 0 4 003 906

Two extralong calls originated from the same station with just two minutes one from another.

Your opinions or hints will be appreciated very much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back