Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Questionaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

pollenman

Technical User
Dec 13, 2000
GB
Hi all,
I have created a database in the form of a questionaire which collates answers to questiones, however I would like to get the client to complete it, irrespective if they have access or not. Is this possible.

As always your assistance is greatley appeciated.

Terry :)

You could build a front-end in something other than Access (VB springs to mind!) and use the Access db as the back-end.

< M!ke >

Terry,

The only way a client could complete the data entry part would be to have a front end that would allow them to interact with Access as the backend database.

Steve

Thanks guys, any ides how this could be acheived?

Terry

If you've got Microsoft Visual Basic...

You create a form.
You use an ODBC connection to the Access database.
You code a button click event to do an insert into the database.

< M!ke >

Of if you have Office Developer you could include Access runtime

The first thing that comes to mind for me is to build an ASP page to use as a front end. This would depend on having an IIS server in your environment to support the ASP page, but gives you a completely cross platform front end.

Connecting ASP to an Access database is amazingly simply and only requires basic visual basic skills.

If you would like more information on this solution, just let me know!

I hope this helps!

-Brian-
I'm not an actor, but I play one on TV.

There's no such thing as an ASP page. That would be an &quot;Active Server Page page!&quot;

There are only ASPs and AS pages. :)

Please forgive the pedantism. (Wait, is that a word? Ha.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back