Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question..

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldfused

Technical User
Jan 27, 2001
US
is it possible to have the users default audio player load on command into a mc? and say you have the songs you want to play, can you have the audio player load with those songs already loaded into the player?

e.gif

carlsatterwhite@endangeredgraphics.com

dude!!you sure?
e.gif

What's the real question here?
You wan't to load my ATI cd player, or my RealPlayer or whatever... Preloaded with your choice of tracks, from within your movie?

wink.gif
ldnewbie

right!! now that you put it like that!!

next thought = how do i syncronize(however you spell that)equalizer mc's to match the sound being played..to have them actually work..

forgive the rediculous question to start the thread(was looking for an easy way out)..but i want that effect of winamp in my movie..i'm gona create a nice a tight looking player..but i want the sound to sync with the equalizer..i'm gona get busy on the player later tonight..any ideas on the sync?
e.gif

Not off the top of my head! Let me think for a minute...

...Still thinking...

Sounds familiar?

wink.gif
ldnewbie

right!!
e.gif

Guess the best thing is to fake it and hope some beats will fall in place. It's already hard enough to synchronize music, let alone streaming music as opposed to event music, with graphics... That this seems unlikely. I guess if Winamp can do it (and they're surely not using Flash to do it), it could allways be done... Analysing the music's frequencies (with some javascript or whatever...) and transposing them in a sort of Flash dynamic graph!
Stick with what you've got and maybe try to add some randomness to the moves you already have so that your graphs be less repetative (if that's English!). At least make your graph mcs longer so that the repetativeness is less apparent.

Best I can do for now!

wink.gif
ldnewbie

hey virt, if you do find out how to do this, give me a yell please!

I'm not good enough in flash to know how to (if there are any!) link the variables to the sounds... is there any way of measuring the output volume or seperating the sounds into layers like, bass, treble etc....???
i don't think so some how... because then if you could seperate them, and some how get it to recognise those output \values...... o_O
I don't have a clue! anyway, if you find out please tell me :)
Thanks, Seeya!
Kitten ^_-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back