Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question to johnpoole... 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

I2007

Programmer
Dec 13, 2004
NO
I've realized that you sit on tons of procomm scripts to do almost everything. What scripts are you willing to share with the rest of us? I've done some scripting my self, but everything disappeared when I got a HD crash resently, and much of it I don't want to reprogram because of it's complexity and time spent on programming.

hopefull rgds,
i2007

not a problem, i'm off untill wed, most of my scripts are on my site pc, so if you've got a few you need, let me know, their to much fun to write to keep locked up..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

here's my most often used script, it requires you to configure metakey alt 2 an a paste key.. if you don't see meta keys on the bottom the screen cleck View, meta keys,, them do an alt m, pick key 2, drop down box to menu commands, the next dropdown to edit paste text... label it any way you want, but it is now a paste button. then this script will work

proc main

transmit "****^M"
waitfor ">"
transmit "LD 20^M"
waitfor "REQ: "
transmit "PRT^M"
waitfor "TYPE: "
transmit "DNB^M"
waitfor "CUST "
transmit "0^M"
waitfor "DATE " forever
transmit "^M"
waitfor "PAGE "
transmit "^M"
waitfor "DES "
transmit "^M"
waitfor "NACT "
transmit "^M"

waitfor "TYPE: " forever
transmit "TNB^M"
waitfor "TN "
metakey alt 2
waitfor "DATE "
transmit "^M"
waitfor "PAGE "
transmit "^M"
waitfor "DES "
transmit "^M"
endproc

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

here's one that forwards a 2616 to MY mail, change the 3301 to the acd dn for your mail and it works, save it as 2616 to mail.was then do a edit and change the phone type to 3903 or whatever

proc main

transmit "****^M"
waitfor ">"
transmit "ld 11^M"
waitfor "REQ: "
transmit "chg^M"
waitfor "TYPE: "
transmit "2616^M"
waitfor "ECHG "
transmit "yep^M"
waitfor "ITEM "
transmit "hunt 3301^M"
waitfor "ITEM "
transmit "cls hta mwa fna^M"
waitfor "ITEM "
transmit "fdn 3301^M"
waitfor "ITEM "
transmit "key "
waitfor " KEY "
transmit "^M"
waitfor "ITEM "
transmit "^M"
endproc

let me know if you have any others you need, or have any problem using these

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

john

can you explain the significance of the meta key
i got your script to run,, but not sure what happens next
has the TN been pasted somewhere ??

Colin

no i wasn't going into detail unless someone ask, the metakey needs the def so i ref it in the script..when the script starts, you'll see the dnb.. after you decide which tn you want to print, just highlight it and pick copy to windows clipboard from the dropdown.. after you get it right, hit enter.. the script will paste it to the screen in the right place, the reason i like it.. after i run it look at the tnb, i can stat the station, with stat alt2, then disu alt2, chg etc...since i use scripts the add or remove mail, i can fire the script to add vm to a 2616, then when the script pauses at the tn prompt, i just alt 2, by using that script and doing one copy, i have it in my buffer to reuse.. by doing that i can add or remove vm to a dozen phones in just a few minutes...i also use the meta keys to start my scripts..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

one good script deserves another

i use this one to setup USRobotics modems for meridians..

;Recorded script. Editing may be required.
proc main
transmit "ati4^m"
waitfor "K^M^J"
transmit "at&f^M"
waitfor "K^M^J"
transmit "at&f0^M"
waitfor "K^M^J"
transmit "at&b1^M"
waitfor "K^M^J"
transmit "aty0^M"
waitfor "K^M^J"
transmit "at&d0^M" ;transmit "remove for mail" "at&d0^M"
waitfor "K^M^J" ;waitfor "K^M^J"
transmit "ats0=1^M"
waitfor "K^M^J"
transmit "ate0^M"
waitfor "K^M^J"
pause 1
transmit "atq1^M"
pause 1
transmit "at&w1&w0^M"
pause 1
transmit "at&w2^M"
pause 1
transmit "at&w^m"
pause 1
transmit "ati4^m"
endproc

Colin

or this one..

; TRAC.WAS

; NOTE!
; THIS PROGRAM WILL ONLY WORK WITH A VERSION OF PROCOMM PLUS FOR WINDOWS.

; This program is designed to run a continuous 'TRAC' snapshot command in "LD 80".
; It can also be used in "LD 32" to check the status of a Port / Card "IDU & IDC".

; Although the later Meridian software versions can use the "DEV" Trace function
; This program is still very helpful in checking out dialing out problems etc.
; such as the digits dialled or what trunks / routes are in use.

integer event
STRING C_FILE="C:\PROGRA~1\PROCOM~1\ASPECT\COM_FILE" ; ##(Change path if reqd!)
; to where you have put the "Aspect" directory
STRING COMMAND

PROC MAIN

fopen 0 C_FILE readwrite text
fgets 0 COMMAND

dialogbox 0 66 20 250 155 2 "TRAC"
editbox 1 56 17 138 11 COMMAND
pushbutton 2 105 34 40 13 "OK" OK DEFAULT
text 3 34 2 118 12 "Enter 'TRAC' Command" center
text 5 24 57 140 11 "TRACE DN = TRAC <CUST DN>" left
text 6 24 69 150 11 "TRACE TRUNK = TRAC <ROUTE MEMBER>" left
text 7 24 82 180 11 "TRACE DIGITAL TRUNK = TRAD <LOOP CHANNEL>" left
text 8 24 106 178 11 "TRACE KEY (BIG SW) = TRAC <L S C U KEY>" left
text 9 24 94 170 11 "TRACE KEY (OPT 11) = TRAK <CARD UNIT KEY>" left
text 10 24 119 176 11 "TRACE UNIT (OPT 11) = TRAK <CARD UNIT>" left
text 11 24 131 140 11 "TRACE UNIT (BIG SW) = TRAC <L S C U>" center
groupbox 12 16 46 217 97 ""
enddialog

while 1
dlgevent 0 event
switch event

case 2
exitwhile
endcase

endswitch
endwhile

fclose 0

Colin

disregard the last post it was incomplete

this is ok

; TRAC.WAS

; NOTE!
; THIS PROGRAM WILL ONLY WORK WITH A VERSION OF PROCOMM PLUS FOR WINDOWS.

; This program is designed to run a continuous 'TRAC' snapshot command in "LD 80".
; It can also be used in "LD 32" to check the status of a Port / Card "IDU & IDC".

; Although the later Meridian software versions can use the "DEV" Trace function
; This program is still very helpful in checking out dialing out problems etc.
; such as the digits dialled or what trunks / routes are in use.

integer event
STRING C_FILE="C:\PROGRA~1\PROCOM~1\ASPECT\COM_FILE" ; ##(Change path if reqd!)
; to where you have put the "Aspect" directory
STRING COMMAND

PROC MAIN

fopen 0 C_FILE readwrite text
fgets 0 COMMAND

dialogbox 0 66 20 250 155 2 "TRAC"
editbox 1 56 17 138 11 COMMAND
pushbutton 2 105 34 40 13 "OK" OK DEFAULT
text 3 34 2 118 12 "Enter 'TRAC' Command" center
text 5 24 57 140 11 "TRACE DN = TRAC <CUST DN>" left
text 6 24 69 150 11 "TRACE TRUNK = TRAC <ROUTE MEMBER>" left
text 7 24 82 180 11 "TRACE DIGITAL TRUNK = TRAD <LOOP CHANNEL>" left
text 8 24 106 178 11 "TRACE KEY (BIG SW) = TRAC <L S C U KEY>" left
text 9 24 94 170 11 "TRACE KEY (OPT 11) = TRAK <CARD UNIT KEY>" left
text 10 24 119 176 11 "TRACE UNIT (OPT 11) = TRAK <CARD UNIT>" left
text 11 24 131 140 11 "TRACE UNIT (BIG SW) = TRAC <L S C U>" center
groupbox 12 16 46 217 97 ""
enddialog

while 1
dlgevent 0 event
switch event

case 2
exitwhile
endcase

endswitch
endwhile

fclose 0

fopen 0 C_FILE create text
fputs 0 COMMAND

start:
TRANSMIT COMMAND
TRANSMIT "^M"
WAITFOR "."

GOTO start

ENDPROC

Colin

thats clean with the diag and push buttons no less, i only write and use scripts that saves me time.. thats a great one for somewone that didn't know ld 80 commands...another thing i like to do is start my scrip with ****^M then ld xx^M...ld 80 in your case..just a short cut so no matter what load your in. or none..you don't have to go to the load. i do have a couple of desktops that i will put that one on a meta key, my admin people will love it...have a star

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

seems like you don't need help with scripts, do you use work and mail merge to put data from spread sheets in the switch?....works great, did one last week, had 600 phones that i wanted to change ncos on..wrote the script with a loop: opened it with word, went through the click 20 times (trash) to do a mail merge..what i ended up with is a file about 30k.. the merge grabbed the tn and type from an excel. added proc lines and ran it.. a little over 2 hours.. to enter those by hand would have been a killer, and with the script they all go in without an error..best short cut i know... i have taken 1000 sets out of a rolm, or opt 21, and put them back in a 81 or 11..1000 sets perfect, 2 days with keys spread all over the place from years of changes...if you have a company directory, you can use it to put all the names in the switch...just do a out all to start

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Yeah my boss is real big on using the "mail merge" saves alot of time but it still boggles my little mind.

just practice it a few times, you'll be glad you did..i know how it feels at 4 o'clock in the morning during an upgrade when nortel support says "ok, it's fixed now just re-type the data base"....ouch

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have a script to build how many ever phones you want, it pulls the info from an Excel spreadhseet, so building 200 phones is easy, I have had to tweak it on every switch I use it on but I use it to build phones, I can manipulate it to build anything really, just pay attention to the fields on the spreadsheet that are defined at the top of the script.

JF

thats the same type of merge i am talking about, it doesn't use the heading except once. i just do a merge and put the headings where they belong.. i could build one that was already built with the merge in place, but like you say it would still need to be tweaked.. what slows me down is the marp, on the 1st appearence it is auto, on all others it requires a response or return..just a pain

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In that case I would build the first, then in the script just program the return and build them, that way only 1 needs manual attention, it's fun to build 200 phones and not touch the keyboard lol

right, i usually build all the sets, then add the keys, i've had 1300 sets on the same script..hung maybe twice, 10 min to build a loop to start in the middle

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

JohnPoole could you not set up a Scripts FAQ and add to that as well as the post? i.e. At the same time you post a script in a forum question/reply you could also add it to the FAQ --- I know a lot of people have only good things to say about your advise & willingness to share info (myself included) & this could be a way to save everyone a trawl through the posts !!!!

<Do I need A Signature or will an X do?>

yes i will do that with some common scripts, and some shortcuts i use.. when i can help i do, when i don't know the answer, maybe you'll return the favor.. i wanted to set up this same type BBS back in the black and white days of 300 baud.. found out back then the techs that new how to use a dial up didn't need much in the way of help...life is funny...software is just a craze, it will pass.. then we can run 50 pair cable to a 20 button phone again..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back