Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question regarding Voip Trunking... 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gfyadair

Vendor
Dec 12, 2007
Trying to set a site up with voip trunks to avoid line porting on 12 co lines (loop start trunks) for a contact center application. My question is do the trunks (voip) trombone if sent to another site say as a forward and then sent back or will the systems drop both voip trunks on return to site with Co trunks??? Thanks in Advance...

If you install MCDN, it will monitor the paths and prevent tromboning. There are examples of this in the PDFs in the BCM docs.

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Like Crowtalks said, you need to use Trunk Anti-Tromboning(TAT) but don't forget to enable it because only Trunk Route Optimization(TRO) is enabled by default.

Just wondering can Analog lines ring on another sites phones. How would that work unlike routes and destination codes for target lines?

unless someone knows something that different to try i was never successful on getting analog lns. to ring at a remote site. always had to route them thru vmail...

Thank you and as far as the analog that is simple build a phone to A&R and forward to another extension it works was just wondering about the trombone and thanks for the answers...

If you want to use an IP license, you can assign the analog line to a keep alive IP phone that is full forwarded a networked PBX.

i know that you can simply fwd a set to the remote site but i thought that you were talking about having the lines ring on multiple phones that's what's tricky...has anyone been able to achieve that?

norstarboy125,

If you redirect the line from site A to a destination code where it graps the VOIP trunk and send digits to the private DN on site B , it should work .

I have site A with PRI . Using one target line I redirect it to the remote Attd DN on site B and it works fine. I came up with this solution as my site B is constantly relocating from place to place with its own BCM50 /3 IP sets .It has no local trunk, only MPLS data circuit. Site A hosts all incoming and outgoing call ( tandem ) for site B.

Thanks,

i understand what your saying but once you do the redirect it will no longer ring at the main location...how can you have a target ring at both sites on multiple sets at the same time?

My mistake on understanding your question.

Simply there is no way that current BCM can do broadcast rings on 2 BCM via VOIP pipe . Same thing applied on ACD.

Too bad that IP sets can not have dual Ethernet ports where port 1 uses services from S1 and port 2 uses S2 - like PC's .

I haven't tried it, but see if you can set up Answer DN on a remote site set to the ringing DN at the local site...

NCSS NCTS NCTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back