Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question regarding ESEUTIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

icsamis

MIS
Jul 16, 2010
US
It has been awhile since I have had to use this command, and that was with Exchange 2003, not 2007. I am just wondering if I can run eseutil /g without taking the store offline? I don't want to actual run it in repair mode at this time.

My backup exec exchange job is saying that there might be corruption in the transaction logs, but when I run the database troubleshooter in the EMC toolbox it says everything is fine. I would like to verify that a problem actually exists before I schedule downtime to take the store offline and repair it. Suggestions? Is it safe and non-disruptive to users to do what I am thinking?

Yes. I tried running the job after un-checking the Advanced Open File option and it produced the same error.

Also, my Exchange job has always been it's own separate job so there was no need to change anything in that regard.

Thanks for the feedback, to answer your questions, this only started happening with Monday night's backup. Prior to that I have never observed an error with the Exchange backup but that said, I have also only been with this organization for about a year now.

Last time the server was patched was a few months ago, nothing since. We are on Exchange 2007 Rollup 9, so I too would suspect any issues with Rollup 4 would be resolved by now.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have any additional suggestions? Things I could check? I agree, that I am also not entirely convinced that the problem won't end up being with BE but that may just be wishful thinking on my part hehe. In any event, I would really like to say with some certainty where the issue lies before scheduling several hours of downtime to do an integrity check/repair. Thanks for the advice so far, I really do appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back