Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question re: Services and "Log On As" user

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaresa

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2002
US
I have a network tech that will be responsible for a network application. Without going into a lot of details, he is the only person on staff with experience in this application and would be my only option, at this point, for running the application.

This application requires the user account associated with the service to be a Domain Admin. I am EXTREMELY uncomfortable promoting this person to a DA.

Short of doing this, is there any way I can run this service using a DA account when he is the only person logging on to this server?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Zaresa,

If using Task Scheduler to schedule the application is an option, you can specifiy it to run using your domain admin credentials...

There is also the option to use the Runas command when starting the application. This would require you to be there to enter your password...

Just a thought,

Patty [ponytails2]

Thanks for the response GrnEyedLdy,

The Runas option may be doable but would I need to be present every time he logs onto the server? I quess what I'd like to do is start the service off with my account and leave it running under this regardless of whether I log off the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back