Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question re Repository 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoffel24

Technical User
Apr 4, 2002
ZA
Hi all

As I understand it, the repository data is stored in a database. If you make a change to an item in the repository, every report that uses that repository item will be affected.
Is this all correct?

Then my next question is, what would happen if you created a report with a few repository items in it at Site1, and then mailed it to site2 where there was no access to the original repository database? Would the repository items still work?

Thanks

It will simply stay the same as it was the last time it was updated. There is also a switch (global for each PC) that allows you to specify if reports should automatically check the repository for updates or not when the report is opened. Unless you activate this, the local reports will not even update automatically.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Thanks Ken! Just for others' sake, the setting you mentioned is under file, options reporting tab where you will see an option called "Update connected repository objects when loading reports".

Stoffel24,

Glad that helped. I also posted a comment on your cross-tab FAQ in thread149-716724. Interested in your thoughts.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Expert's Guide to Formulas / Tips and Tricks / Guide to Crystal in VB
- tek@kenhamady.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back