Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on where to put the users in IPO server edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

firespyer

MIS
Oct 7, 2010
US
I've done a few Server Edition installs, but I all have just been a single Primary.
I am doing one now with 3 IP500's with PRI's in each.

My question is should I load the users that will use the PRI for there calls on the IP500's?
Or do I just add the extensions for each site in the IP500 and build all of the users on the Primary?

Thanks in advance

It doesn't really matter, but I'd put them all on the server.

ACSS (SME)

Guess it depends if you have IP, digital or analog phones. If you put them all on the server your going to need some extra programing to get the users go out the correct PRIs. Would also depend on different applications you may have if each 500 is a separate site.. example paging, you may not want a user at site a to page site b so short codes can be unique to a site.

Yeah all of the 500's are at different sites. I was looking to avoid having to do custom routing to get the calls to go out specific PRI's where needed. Just not sure what the best practice is for this situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back