Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on Remote Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdpweb

Programmer
Jan 25, 2003
US
I have a small network with about 10 computers, all running various OS's. The server is running w2k server. Which would be better, using the remote access through w2k server or a small vpn program. The doctor is wanting 4 of the employee's to access the server from home. Only 1 of them have high speed access. The other 3 are on dial up modems.

Either way the dialup users will be ahting life, but I'd go with the Win2000 built-in stuff first... Only because you don't have to go out and buy it, it's already there.
Otherwise I would go with a hardware/router VPN solution.

I'd set it up to use windows terminal server (optional install component with w2k).. it would give them functionality, even over dialup, and printing capabilities.. (could even have it run a program upon logon)

~Rick

Consider this for a moment, it is OS independent.
If the solution is here, let us know it was helpful so others can benefit from it as too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back