Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on "record" feature 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

1weasel

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
Does Norstar have a software version either on the KSU or voicemail that allows you to record the call? I know most of the versions but I'm not that familiar with 6.0.
Thanks..

The voicemail system (Call Pilot ) has a record call feature. generally, the feature is disabled. You need to enable the feature in class of service. I would suggest also changing the message length parameter for the class of service - because the recorded call is stored as a message. If your messgae length is set to 3 minutes, that is the amount of time the call will be recorded too. Once you have enabled call record, users can access by dialing Feature 989.

In case you are not- the recording using a Nortel VM always has a beep-"this call is beeing recorded" message that cannot be disabled. So if that is a problem- you may want to look at other solutions, like Algo.

Sphoneman, I know the option is there on the CP100. I have one in my office, however I tried to setup my mailbox to allow it and it made my mailbox do some strange things and I don't remember ever getting it to work. I'm going to double check, but I'm sure the option was there, but like I said it didn't work. I'll let you know what I find.

Louie Roldan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back