Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on postscript drivers level standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhphoto

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2003
CH
1. If a printer is able to use postscript driver level 1 will it be able to use level 2 as well, or does it depend on something else.
2. for some reason HP’s website at the download drivers section doesn’t mention on the PostScript Drivers what level it is, is this because probably all of them are the same level, and if yes what would be the standard that they all use?

Sorry if this is a stupid question

T-I-A
Joel

Hi Joel,

Adobe PostScript comes in three levels or versions. It might be easier to think of them as versions. If you have version 1 on your printer it will not print v2 or v3 documents. If the printer supports v2, then it should be able to print v1 and v2 documents but not v3. I will let you guess what a version3 printer can print [smile]

I have not been over to HP's site but most manufactures post model specific printer drivers. The driver will support whatever the printer has.

I hope this helps a little.
Have fun,

Most of the newer HP Laserjet printers supports level 1,2 and 3 emulation.
You can change which level to use in the driver.

Kind regards Pysj`n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back