Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Domino 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maritime

MIS
Jan 11, 2001
TT
Hi,

My company is currently running Exchange 5.5 and we are thinking of switching to Domino. However most of the user email is stored in .pst files located on their PC's. My question is how easy is it to move\export these pst files to a Domino database? Would we need to move all user mail to the Exchange server before the upgrade?

Thanks in advance.

Maritime,

Being that I just performed a Exchange 5.5 to Domino 6.51 upgrade, the best recommendation I could give you is to visit Binarytree.com and use their CMT tool. It really took the trouble out of the migration.

You would not need to move the mail to the exchange server before the migration. During the migration you can do a migration of what is on the server, then with the CMT tool you can do what is called an end-user migration. This will take their .pst files and migrate them over to Notes automatically.

I looked at the cost, the time that was saved in trying to figure out how to make everything happen. Was truly a cost savings for the company.

If you have any other questions, just ask.

Sean

Notes 6.5 has a migration tool, but I found it to be unrealiable at best. It would suddenly quit without error or anything.
I had to remove most of the attachement in the mail file to get it to work
And this was just a single exchange mail box. So don't expect the notes tool to save your day ;)

Thanks so much for the info. I appreciate it. I'll check out that tool from Binarytree.com
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back