Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on Dialing/Numbering Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTexx

IS-IT--Management
Nov 9, 2007
US
Hello all,

Is there any resource for dialing plan/numbering plan organization.

I currently have 5 sites, 5 CS 1000M's with different DID Ranges, dial plan, num plan etc.

We are considering moving to a centralize CS 1000E Platform.

I would like to be able to put all the existing Dialing plan into some kind of template/spreadsheet etc.

and then start designing a unified dial plan for the centralized platform. There is currently a 4-digit dialing internally and 6 digit for intra-site dialing. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I have 19 bldgs with different DID's and NXX'S. We use CDP that is in Ld 87 to direct numbers to different bldgs using PRI's. Hope this helps.

We already have a mixture of CDP and UDP in our existing environment. We are thinking of moving to a 7-digit UDP dial plan in the new system. Just looking for any kind of resource or template to help design this out without have fork over couple thousand to Nortel/Distributor just to lay out the design for the it.

Hi Gtexx, I would recommend the following Nortel NTP. NN43001-283 Dialing Plan Reference. It will give you some ideas of how to start but whenever you try to centralize you will ultimately be at the mercy of the conflicts. Good luck and hopefully you get paid overtime!!!

Thanks MJSR8R, I'll take a look at it. ooh, paid for O.T what's that like....

You can always capture the Networking and TNB / DNB data into a spreadsheet for each site using the link below.

If you use procomm plus, then you can use this script to collect you data before you import it.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back