Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question on Business Objects Unverse Star Vs. Snowflake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glbender

MIS
Feb 6, 2004
US
Does anyone have any information or detail information regarding Business Objects-Star Schema vs. Snowflake?
Is there a schema that Business Objects works better with?
Thanks for any documenation or web-sites you can provide me.

Geri-Lynn

Steve Thank you very much for your response!
The reason why I posted the question is because somebody feels here snowflaking is bad.

We have Many Dimensional Tables going against a Fact Hiearchy Table and goes to a "USER" Table to ID the the Roles. We have the possibilty of Cardentialites.
One more question when add a Context for one level Dimensional. Now it's looking at for all my tables? If I don't I get bad data and it splits my SQL?
Any Idea's?
I am looking for a an excellent resource for Universe Design. Our Universe design could be all lot better and I have been researching all day to make sure going forward we don't keep making the same mistakes.. Any idea's with that either.
Thanks Again!
Geri-Lynn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back