Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question in Upfront

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are your virtual directories set up properly on the webserver?

Flex13,

Thanks for your reply. Virtual directories have been setup properly. Before I get "Pape not found message" I could see a link "Loading upfront".

- Fraction of seconds, Loading upfront message disappreard.

I appreciate your reply..
Thanks

Hi,

I remember this problem, but I cant recall how I fixed it. I think it had something to do with resolving the machine name/IP address.

At any rate, you should check out your IIS logs and your Event log. They may help.

Cognos KnowledgeBase article 113725 looks firmilar -

If your web server is configured to use fully qualified domain names, then the Upfront Gateway url in Configuration Manager must use the fully qualified domain name syntax (servername.domain.com).

Steps:

1. Launch Configuration Manager from the command line. ($.../cer2/bin/configure)
cd server name
cd "Cognos Shared"
cd "Runtime Parameters"
cd "Server Configuration"
cd upfront
cd "Upfront Server Group"

2. Change the gateway to a fully qualified domain name using the set command (do not use quotes around the URL) -

set gateway =
3. Apply the changes and start the machinename.

thanks for your reply..

I'm running win2000 server and iis 5.0
, where do i set the gateway variable?
please look at the iis log file..
I appreciate your reply.
thanks'=

#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
#Version: 1.0
#Date: 2003-11-24 07:54:12
#Fields: date time c-ip cs-username s-ip s-port cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status cs(User-Agent)
2003-11-24 07:54:12 xxx.xxx.25.129 - xxx.xxx.25.129 80 GET /cognos/ - 302 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+5.01;+Windows+NT+5.0)
2003-11-24 07:54:12 xxx.xxx.25.129 - xxx.xxx.25.129 80 GET /cognos/index.html - 304 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+5.01;+Windows+NT+5.0)
2003-11-24 07:54:12 xxx.xxx.25.129 - xxx.xxx.25.129 80 GET /cognos/cgi-bin/upfcgi.exe xmlcmd=<GoHome/> 404 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+5.01;+Windows+NT+5.0)

Check your system to see if URLScan is installed. If it its find the URLScan.ini file - thinks its locaded in the inetsrv folder. Check and see if the 'Allowed' section includes '.exe' files. Or the 'Deny' section probably has .exe files. Update accordingly, reboot and u should be fie.....

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back