Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question for myu0516 Or f4rid or other consultant: stuck on upgrade of old micros

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtariBaby

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2010
US
Hi

I have a question for myu0516 And f4rid, namely you have tried to help me (see my last couple of posts) and as I’m stuck trying to upgrade the micros database so I can move it from XP to Windows 10, I was wondering if we can hire you as a consultant and perhaps wiht your expertise, get me past where I’m stuck. I hope it’s okay to ask on the forum. I can be reached at tt@gregx.co or here or however you prefer.

Thanks!

I am not a Micros RES 3700 expert by all means. Nevertheless, happy to help.

Avoid touching the production environment as much as possible. Use disk2vhd ( to create VHDX file (select "VHDX file" and "Use Volume Shadow Copy") for your VM.

On a Windows 10 or Server, create a VM based on this VHDX, and do whatever test you want. No risk.

What is the current version?

Hi myu thank you for taking an interest! When I try to use disk2vhd, i get an error that it’s not a valid win32 application. But I can find no alternate version to download and use.

And sorry, what is the version of what?

Hi AtariBaby,

disk2vhd has a 32 bits version and a 64 bits version.

Check your XP's version, choose disk2vhd.exe or disk2vhd64.exe as needed. In the same download package.

I appreciate that and I did try every exe file.

But I’m getting some help right now so it might be fine anyway!

I got amazing help from cherifbj and I can’t recommend him enough. Thanks to all who have helped me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back