Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question , drop a call is possible ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mksanchez

Programmer
Aug 7, 2006
MX

Hello , I have a client with a Nortar 0x32 , he want a drop a call (incoming or outgoing) after a 5 or 10 min when they are starter

It´s this possible, Any idea??

Thanks for any help

Are you wanting the client to force another extensions call to hangup? If so, can't be done cleanly.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

I suppose if DigitelD's understanding of your question is correct, and you really wanted to be a bastard, you could wire all the POTS to toggle switches at the supervisor's desk. Wire the toggles before the KSU.
Make sure the supervisor has line appearances for all the CO's. They could press the line in use to determine who's on the call, and cut the line when they figured they'd had enough time to talk.

We'll even give this supervisor a special title- "Phone Nazi". Maybe every company should hire one!

I wonder if they have even considered how that will affect their business. Requests like that really make me wonder if they even understand what they're asking for. I'd play it smart and tell them that the system has no provisions for automatically dumping calls.

Phonehed in Dallas

It might help if he knew English well enough to ask the question in good English.......

The problem is that questions like that could be and I only say could be a disgruntled employee who wants to cause havock.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Thanks to all for your ideas , and sorry for my English, (is very bad) the question is: My client (business office)no want a all Employees stay in the phone for max 10 min in all type of calls , and he askme if the system can cut the calls after 10 min after the call start.

The system are Nortar 0x32 with loop

Thaks

No, there is no way to automate that. However, even though my first suggestion would probably work, there is a kinder solution.

You could install a SMDR unit on the system, and connect it to a computer with the call accounting software of your choice. Although it wouldn't disconnect callers, it would keep track of who's abusing their phone privliges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back