Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question concerning CLS and bridging second phone to first phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 12, 2002
US
When changing stuff on a station, In the CLS section, If I was to put say several stuff in already such as CTD,HFA,HTA,FNA etc... and I forgot to add CNDA or some other features to the phone. Can I just go back to the CLS and add whatever feature say CNDA to the CLS section and then be done with it and the phone still keep all the other settings in the CLS that I had already added correct.

Second, How do I go about bridging a second phone to the same phone a person already has. Say that this user wanted a second phone in his office so that will act the same as his other main phone could I use the same extension in the
KEY 00 and in KEY 01 his secondary line so that it will ring and work just as the same correct. The problem is I did that and when I pick up on the other phone on the first main line the both KEY 00 and 01 lights up as I was using two lines.

Yes you can change CLS features without affecting other features already set. There are a few features that are dependant on others for example - CNDA requires ADD or TDD indicating you have a display.

Bridging like you did should work just fine - make sure the primary phone is the one with the MARP. Also, print your second phone and see if key 0 and 1 are the same. With SCR appearing on mulitiple sets or keys, when that line is busy all key appearences will show busy.

When you say MARP what does that stand for and how do I make sure that the primary phone has it as the MARP phone. WHat would happend if I dont have it as the MARP for the primary.

Thanks for the info so far Reusser>..

MARP = Multiple Appearance Directory Number Redirection Prime. What happens if you don't have the the MARP on the primary phone kind of depends on serveral things. An overly simplified explaination...when a DN appears on more than one TN and there is call forwarding active or hunting needs to take place, the switch uses the DN's MARP TN to figure out how to route the call. MARP is described in detail in the X11 software features guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back