Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question: CO Line Appearances of T1 Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMitelGuy

IS-IT--Management
Mar 28, 2003
CA
Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is managing to stay safe right now.

I have a question. I have installed many PRI's with Norstars and BCMs. Pretty straight forward, easy to do. What I have never done (because none of the carriers around here offer it) is to setup a basic T1 (non-PRI). I'm actually looking to setup a SIP to T1 gateway where by I could setup the SIP trunks (and thus the T1 channels) on CO Line Appearances. I understand we normally put the channels in Pools and use access codes to access the pool to dial out. I'm looking for a way to put each individual channel on the phones, so it takes on the appearances of individual analog lines (essentially treat it as a key system). Is this possible? Is there a way to associate a Line Key with a particular channel of a T1? I'm not positive this is possible? I know with PRI (DMS100) you can't do this, but I'm curious if we can do this with a basic T1? The customer would like to see a button on each phone for Line 1, Line 2, Line 3, Line 4, Line 5, etc. etc. It's easier for their type of business and I get it.

Any thoughts/input? Everything is much appreciated.

Thanks!

CO's are copper trunk ports so you cannot put an appearance of a channel, be it T1 or PRI.

You can put 1 to 23 appearances on a set/cap but you cannot assign specific channels as they act as a shared item, hence DID for inbound which is Target Lines.

"I'm actually looking to setup a SIP to T1 gateway where by I could setup the SIP trunks (and thus the T1 channels) on CO Line Appearances"
The simple method/answer is you need a SIP Gateway to convert from SIP to CO trunk ports (analog).

Gateways are the only way to get from SIP to Copper Trunks ports.

What about ordering 6 SIP lines with just one channel each and have each one forward on busy to the next line?
Install an 8 port gateway and program the SIP accounts on the BCM and assign the Target Lines etc?

Or what about SWCA keys? they use appearances....might fool them enough to keep them happy.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back