Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

question about xmail and OE problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker510

MIS
Jul 20, 2004
US
I have a customer who is having problems sending an excel spreadsheet as an attachment. The attachment is split into three text files that are nothing but garbage. The isp uses xmail as their email server program. Talking with the isp the told me that the problem was in his email client which is OE6.
To test this I created several different accounts to other isp mail servers using the same configuration as the original account. These isps use Exchange 2000 and Qmail for their email servers. Both of those send the attachment just fine. I then talked with the original isp and they still insist that the problem is in OE and that I should uninstalland reinstall OE, TCP/IP, and other networking components. I doubt that the problem is with the client since I can send it using the other servers.
Anyone hvae this problem with Xmail? Know of any tweaks or special settings I need to use in OE?

Frank

haven't tried that yet but I really shouldn't have to since it's only about 150kb. But I'll try.

Thanks
Frank

I would try mailing it in .zip format not because of the size, but because a lot of mail servers outright block certain document types (.xls, .vbs, etc) as a measure to stop malware/viruses.

Not saying it's the cause of this problem, just something to think about.

----
JBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back