Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about the viewing applets

Status
Not open for further replies.

paryl

IS-IT--Management
Jul 24, 2001
US
Everything is working wonderfully with Enterprise, but I'm running into a wierd thing with the viewers.

If I run the stock ActiveX viewer, half of my users get a logger.asserts file put on their desktop that has nothing in it. It doesn't harm them at all, it just clutters their desktop. So I simply changed the viewer on each report to the java version. Works great, but now I've run into a gotcha...

I've recently created a few reports where the person viewing them will only need to print a range of pages. The java viewer apparently doesn't have this functionality.

So would anyone have any idea why? And if I have to use the ActiveX applet, is there a way to get rid of that file for good?

Thanks!

Had the same problem. Was able to configure the report groups so the user could drill down on the section they wanted and then print out the drill down rather than the entire report.
My problem was users with IE4 on their desktops had trouble pulling down the axtive_x controls but no problems with the java.

Check the Crystal Decisions' KBase. I believe this is a tracked issue. There may even be a patch available.

Hi

I had the same problem with the logger asserts file.
There is a patch available. (I know cause I have it.)
Everything works fine with the Active X viewer now.
The logger file has disappeared.

Nuffsaid

The printing limitations in the Java viewer are due to limitations in the Java print model. As for the logger.asserts file - as Nuffsaid points out there is a patch for this. Contact Crystal tech support to obtain it.

Cheers,
Alan Eldridge
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back