Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about the "change password" option in OWA in LAN environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskennicutt

IS-IT--Management
Oct 18, 2002
US
I've set up Exchange 2000 but since my users are on shared computers I am having them access Exchange via OWA. When they try to change their passwords from the options screen, they get a new IE window with a "The page cannot be displayed" message? Is there something I did wrong or forgot to do or does this have to do with an authentication option in Exchange somewhere? They are connecting directly from the LAN to the server (no firewall or DMZ to go through). **I do have a firewall set up which allows POP access from the Internet but I am only allowing OWA access locally on the LAN.

Thanks,
Mike

Actually the change password feature does not work by default. You have to setup a SSL security service in order for it to work properly.(I probably stated this wrong, but in short, you have to setup a security function in IIS to get this work properly) Here is a link that will help you set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back