Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Sub-forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjspear

Programmer
Feb 13, 2002
US
Hello,
I have created a form with an underlying table. I know how to create a subform. Simplyks create another form and drag it into the main form. Then set the child and parent fields. My question is how do I make this sub-form a pop-up form. In other words,the user presses a button to remove a record. But before the user can do that, this sub form pops up and prompts for the reason for deletion.

I already have the append query set up for this. It's just that I seemed to have misplaced the instructions on how to do this.

Any assistance will be apreciated.
Thanks,
KJ

Hi,

You don't want the sub-form 'popping up', you just want a msgbox 'popping up' to ensure that the user really does want to delete the record.

Have a look at 'msgbox' in Help. This can have Yes & No buttons and you can trap these buttons to find the user response.

(Glad you understand sub-forms - took me ages).

Regards,

Darrylle

Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience. darrylles@hotmail.com

I might be off-base, but I think you don't want a sub-form at all. You want a seperate popup form whose recordsource is tied to the current record of the main form. A sub-form is meant to display data related to the record on the main form. I think you are looking to add a "reason for deletion" comment to the current record just prior to appending it to a new table(?).

Does this sound right?

When you call a form from a from using a command button, one of the properties you can set is pop-up.

Yes, votegop has it right. That's exactly what I want to do. A popupform which the recordsource is tied to the current record of the main form. When the user presses the command button 'Delete',this form pops up and prompts for an explaination. Then this record is moved to another table and the current one is removed. I already have 'Append Query',taking care of that part. I'm just concerned about the pop up form.

Any suggestions will be helpful.
Thanks

KJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back