Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about promotions on aloha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler121515

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2007
US
Hi,

I have a question regarding setting up a promotion in Aloha. At our bar we are planning on doing a promotion called "25% Thursday" in which Thursdays everyone gets 25% off alcohol. I was going to make a price change and set up an event that activates it, but it would literally take 5 hours to go through every item, calculate the new discounted prices, and enter them in. Can a price change be applied on a "Category" basis instead of an individual item basis? I have a non sales category already set up called "alcohol" that has all liquor, beer, and wine. Granted I know I could always create a "promotion" or "Comp" where the bartender is the one who manually applies the promotion, but in my experience they have a tendency to scam by not telling people about the promotion, and then applying the promotion after they pay and pocketing the difference.

Thanks a lot in advance for any advice,

Tyler

Set up a 'Check Reduction' promo where you select the non-sales category containing the items you want to discount. Select 'auto-apply' and enter the percentage you want to discount. Make sure you do not mark this promo as 'active'!

Then set up an event to activate the promo at the correct time, and make sure to set up an event to deactivate the promo when it finishes.

good luck, make sure you test it!

The Check Reduction promo only has 'auto-apply' as an option on v5 enhanced and on v6 (where, I think, they stopped futzing around with enhanced vs. non-enhanced.) I swapped to 5.3.31e to gain this incredibly useful little addition, and it's present in 6.4.3.

Having said that, if you're not running 6 or enhanced 5, no, I don't think I ever found a way to do what you describe. Tsk on me.

Is Aloha version 4.3 supported by dealers yet? My dealer is Foremost Business Systems in Minneapolis.

If not, what is the latest version of Aloha anyone has? What are the benifits of upgrading from 6.0.9?

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back