Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about page button not working on Avaya phone system...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanniJo

Instructor
Aug 20, 2023
US
Hello,
Apologies in advance if this is a redundant or stupid question, but I'm not havin any luck finding a solution to my issue, so I thought I'd ask here.

At my place of business, we have 7 Avaya model 1416 phones. We have an intercom function button that works fine, and we have a page function button that hasn't worked in about 3 years now.
When you hit the page button, it says, "Call: NUMBER BUSY" and "Group71"
Does anyone know if there is any fix for this issue or do I need to contact Avaya directly?

Thank you so much!
-D

Avaya are not really going to be able to help. That Page button was added to the phones by someone who then knew what device/devices would be paged. It's not there by default and will vary between customer sites.

71 as a group number makes me think you have an IP Office system running in Basic Edition mode, where dialing *71 would make a page call to calling group 1. And *70 would page the system's loudspeaker extension and calling group 1 at the same time (Simultaneous Page).

Anyway, if any of that is correct, the first action would be accessing the system configuration to see what function the button is using and which extensions are in Calling Group 1 (I suspect either none or an extension that's no longer connected or set to something like DND).

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Yes, that's exactly right. *70 goes to the overhead. I've tried looking through the settings on the phone, but cannot figure out anything conclusive.
I took over for another office manager, so I'm unfamiliar with the jargon, but is there a program in my computer I should be looking for?
Thanks!
-D

You can use IP Office Manager, IP Office Manager or even phone based admin. But that assumes the previous office manager also left you with the main Administrator password as that gets changed from the default during installation of the system.

You can find all the IP Office Basic Edition docs at
IP Office Manager is a Windows application that is installed on a PC. Web Manager is accessed by browsing to the IP address of the IP Office system. And phone based admin of the whole system depends on what type of phones are plugged into the first two ports of the system. I can only say read the manuals.

If you can get in but can't work out the Calling Group 1 issue, since dialing 70 is working, a temporary fix would be to change the Simultaneous Page buttons set on the phones to be Loudspeaker Page buttons.

If absolutely necessary, the admin passwords can be reset from the back of the IP500 control unit, but save that for a last step, and preferably find a local Avaya system maintainer.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back