Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Nortel PBX opt 81c with Call Center and Call Pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreadtek

IS-IT--Management
Jul 16, 2012
US
Hello fellow Techs!

I currently have experience with Nortel PBX opt 81C. Was just asked about experience with Call Center and Call Pilot as well? How different are these than doing the regular PBX adds, moves, deletes on the 81C PBX? Also, does any one have good books I can use to sharpen my Nortel Meridian PBX skills? I know the certifications are no longer around but I'd like to find a good book to sit with and read. I can't just read online all day.

physical book are out of print.. find a soft copy and send it to a printer... call center will give you headaches due to scripts needing changes or new groups/skillsets.. cp, after the install is very simple.. unlike mermail cp uses gui interface for everything, app builder requires zero schooling imo..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Johnpoole,

Thanks for the reply. I was kind of thrown into supporting a Meridian PBX opt 81C and have been doing okay. A guy with over 30 years experience trained me over the phone. Now I was called about an opportunity for a strictly PBX tech position but they want you to know those other technologies I asked about. Call Center may disqualify me from the position based off what you said then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back