Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about My SQL

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterfs

Technical User
Jan 22, 2003
US
Want to know some high level info about MySQL from the community, need to select a database package for an application that will reside and function on one system; eventually moving to be accessed by multiple systems and possible to the web. Would MySQL be the right choice? The program to be developed is a non-financial scheduling type app.

Thanks in advance,
hunterfs

its definately worth a look :) without much info to go on (number of users, estimated table size, server spc, possible load, number of queries/sec) its a tad hard to say really.

What KarveR said + { SQL (MS) , ORACLE (9i stable version) }

Thanks for the info...I have yet to meet with the client about dat specs and such. What I do know is that the application is meant to be a game scheduling system for various levels of youth soccer. Estimated that approximately 10K entries for referee info (name, addr. phone, e-mail) and game information maybe another 8K-10K entires per year (date, time, location, teams, refs) would be a rough estimate.

oh thats weeeeeny, we run a db with approx 45 million records a year with no problems, the hardware is a basic one of these

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back