Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Form 26 in SX200

Status
Not open for further replies.

widemal

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
US
We have a Mitel SX-200 LW19 Q18.0.2 that is connected to an Avaya 8700 system through a couple of PRI connections. The Mitel gets the timing, etc. from the Avaya. For routing purposes, we program our numbers from the Avaya system in Form 26. Unfortunately, many of the numbers in the Avaya system are not in sequential order, so we are very close to reaching our maximum number of possible leading digits entries. We have 4-digit extension numbers. Is this Mitel switch able to figure out routing if I program it with one or two leading digits with the rest of the digit string being "wild"?

Thanks!

Yes, so long as everything in the 'wild' string all goes to the same place.

The only potential issue I can think of would be (God forbid) if your numbering plan on the Avaya is comprised of varying digit lengths and conflicts i.e., something extraordinarily bizarre like extn 301 and extn 3010 both on the same machine.
Anyone who ever did that qualifies as someone with the IQ below that of a common houseplant and who is still walking around only because its illegal to shoot him.

Thanks for the reply. When you say "the same place", do you mean the same switch? We only have four digit extensions, but extn 1210 may be on the Mitel and extn 1212 may be on the Avaya. We utilize IP phones on the Avaya. The Mitel has analog and digital. As you can imagine getting an IP phone can be a "political" issue. The plan is to move to all IP, but until then, I have to deal with this headache.

Well, doable, yes, but you're going to have fun doing it.
You will run into some wildcard problems if your number plan is fragmented between two networked PBXs.

It would be lots easier to have all 12xx exts on one PBX and have all 13xx numbers on the other

Thanks, MitelInMyBlood. I think I will try a small group at first to see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back