Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about File Upload, Not the typical question- F1 please 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadline

Programmer
Feb 28, 2001
US
Hi,
I am using the download technique as mentioned in
Now.. My question is, how to provide a Hyperlink in an ASPage to the file that was uploaded to the server ?

I mean, I need to present the user with an .asp interface wherein he can download the file or delete it off the server...

Big headache.. Kindly help me out.

Thanks!

RR

You could use a database and store your information progressively OR you can use the FileSystemObject to enumerate files and create links as you go.

Hi Gorecki..
Thank you.. I am getting a hint from your reply but I am not able to proceed any further. . .

Could you please give me a small code snippet ?

I am successful in uploading the files, but to provide links .... Kindly help me...

Thanks!

RR

Dim fs, f, f1, fc
Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec)
Set fc = f.Files
For Each f1 in fc

'Create a tag here adding the path to the file as the browser sees it.
Response.Write &quot;<A href=&quot; & f1.name & &quot;....>&quot; & f1.name & &quot;</a>&quot;
Next

Play with it and write to the browser until you get it correctly. Also remember the file needs to be available to the browser (

That worked... Thank you very much for helping me in need.

Thanks!

RR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back