Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Ext Hotline and Lone Pools

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb8wbn

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2003
US
I have an 8x24 DR5 system. I programmed an ATA on a hot line using a line pool. When all the lines in the pool are busy, a normal set returns busy. The 500 set on the ATA just has dead air. Is there any way to get a busy on the ATA ?

Does the ata use the same pool as the other DN's?
Have you confirmed there are no dead lines in the pool the ATA uses? (a system line with no dialtone connected to it.)

This is a lab system. There are 2 trunks on the system, line 000 & 001. Both of these lines are in the line pool. From the Norstar set I can select the Intercom button, dial the access code and get a line. I have tested by busying out each line and letting the pool select the other. This works both on the set and the ATA. The problem is when both lines are busy. The norstar set gets a busy, the ATA dead air.

Basically, what I was getting at is to make sure that there are no lines in the ATA pool that don’t have dialtone on them. I cant remember if an ATA on an 8x24 will return a busy signal when there are no available lines...(I would think it would.) So, I don’t know if your system is acting correctly.

I can tell you that there is no programming involved to either turn the signal on or off. I just cant say if the scenario you describe is by design. I don’t have one to test- maybe someone else remembers/ knows.

I have tried your arrangement and the same thing happens for me. I am using a CICS and have tried both an ATA2 and one of the older ATA's. I get a busy if I dial the pool code for access and the lines in the pool are in use. If I use hotline, I get dead air when the lines are all in use.

If the calls are being manually dialed I would suggest you have the user dial the access code before dialing. If you need the hotline for machine dialing then more lines may be the only solution or a dedicated line.

I think bkrike is correct as there is no additional programming.

Rob

if you are using for modems just prog pauses"," at end of the tel number dialed from pc

ski season has started

luv2ski, what difference would a pause make if the ATA is getting dead air from the system ?

You would have to hang up and re-dial to try again...

it would stop the use of hotline and you would then just use a line pool code to dial out

ski season has started

How are you programming the Hotline? Try making the 500 set Prime to Pool'A', and have the External hotline dialout be Feature78 instead of the Pool code. Just a thought...

The application is a 2550 wall phone on a customer kiosk to call a specific 800 number. When the customer goes off-hook, the system needs to dial the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back