Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Dial Plan Between CS1000S and Asterisk

Status
Not open for further replies.

banbdi

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2010
DO
hi, guys thanks for time and help

i have one CS1000S connect to Asterisk using T1

in the CS1000S i have the next numbering plan
extension 8345
extension 4811

in the asterisk i have thex next numbering plan
extension 8355
extension 4839

from asterisk to cs1000s i can make a call calling to number 8345 direct from the phone
from cs1000s to asterisk i need to hit 9 + 8355 for call to asterisk extension

how i can call from cs1000s to asterisk avoiding the use of 9?

Try looking at "coordinated dialing plans" or CDP in the Features and Services Guide.
You can probably use a LSC/DSC to select the proper RLI / tie trunk.

good luck!

30n30w

ok, thanks i will check the CDP

Yeah the numbers you wish to dial on the Asterix will need to be populated in the CDP plan and they can't exist anywhere else in the Meridian. The system will look at the CDP list to know what pipe to shoot the number down, which will be your Qsig trunk.

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

ok, thanks
but one question the cdp can do this with extensions in the same range.
I mean I can have 83XX extension in Asterisk and the CS1000S the same time?

thanks

You just cant have the same exact number built in the CS1000 and also it be a CDP entry. So you could have 8301 in the CS1000 as a phone and 8302 as a CDP entry going to the Asrerisk.

ok, thanks again for time and help

ok, try this

DISK SPACE NEEDED: 250 KBYTES
REQ new
CUST 0
FEAT cdp
TYPE dsc
DSC 8

ESN011
DSC !
>err esn011
>

ESN0011
Conflicts with existing number.

Why are you putting in just 8 for your DSC, that is a conflict.

if i put for example 8355 works fine
but 8300 not work
83 not work
on the CS100S i have extension like 8301
but on the asterisk i have extension 8302
:(

You will have to decide if you want to populate all the extensions the Asterix has in the CDP pool individually and hope that there are no conflicts. Otherwise someone is going to need to change DNs...

Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back