Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about criteria field in queries

Status
Not open for further replies.

darylclassen

IS-IT--Management
Jul 26, 2003
CA
I've built an application to enter and print out reports for my company. To choose which report to print, I've entered [Enter Invoice #:] into the criteria field of a query the report pulls the invoice number from. Is it possible to set the criteria field to some statement that will give a list of available Invoice #s to choose from when the report is run, rather then having to enter it manually? Thanks in advance.

You'll have to make a form with a combo box (or list box) that gets filled with all of the available data. There will be a button that fires off the report. The criteria for the query behind the report will look something like this: forms!frmCriteriaForMyReport!cmbInvoiceNumber.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks
Professional Development for Clients Large and Small

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

Glad the post was helpful.

Jeremy

==
Jeremy Wallace
AlphaBet City Dataworks
Professional Development for Clients Large and Small

Please post in the appropriate forum with a descriptive subject; code and SQL, if referenced; and expected results. See thread181-473997 for more pointers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back