Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about Cepstral TTS engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsebasmz

Technical User
May 7, 2012
CO
I need information about the compatibility between Cepstral Miguel TTS and Avaya IP Office. In this moment I am implementing a solution that includes read database and return the data through TTS, in this moment I have done the tests with the sample voices but the test doesn´t work, I think that the test didn't work due to the sample voice doesn't have license or licenses ports. I have installed the demo in windows server 2008 x 64.

IPoffice Hardware
ip500 v2 Advanced Edition.

Thanks!!!

Do you have a TTS license in your IP Office?

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

No, but the IPoffice is Advanced Edition and, I do the test with a not-licenced loquendo voice and the demo works, I understand that the advanced edition license has incorporated the TTS license.

Thanks for your help.

IPoffice 500V2 Advanced Edition R8

To install Text To Speech:

1. Install and test Voicemail Pro as normal.

2. Using IP Office Manager, add the Advanced Edition or VMPro TTS (Generic) license into the IP Office configuration. Send the new configuration to the IP Office system.

3. Reload the IP Office configuration into IP Office Manager and check that the status of the license has changed to Valid.

4. The Voicemail Pro installation includes the default Microsoft TTS engines (Microsoft Sam, Mike, Mary, and Simplified Chinese) as standard. If another third-party SAPI 5 compatible TTS engine is going to be used, install that software.

5. If the system is licensed for generic TTS, Voicemail Pro will automatically discover any SAPI 5 installed engine. If there is no third-party engine installed then the Microsoft third-party engine is used.

Is your third party TTS engine a SAPI 5 engine?

someone has tested the tts engine cepstral successfully in win server 2008 with ipoffice? I need information about this engine specifically.

thanks for your answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back