Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Question about CCC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALF13

Technical User
Oct 30, 2006
DE
Hello All,

I have a question about CCC.
The CCC needs a MSDE Database.
The ConferencingCenter needs a MSDE Database
The ContactStore needs a MSDE Database.

Is it possible to istall all these applications on the same machine?

Do you know any restrictions?

I think it will end in trouble to run three MSDE Databases on the same PC!?

no no no!! it's not only to do with the database. I'm not 100% sure if you can use an SQL shared, probably not i rekon, but as far as seperate pcs go...

Contact Store which works alongside VM pro needs a standalone machine which both can work on.

CCC - don't even go there! 2003 Windows Server - absolutely nothing else touches this...

Conference Suite - like CCC - 100% leave alone.

Another example of a customer wanting all the features without understanding the infrastructure needed.

Don't do it the cheap way - you will end up paying..

So it is better to install only the CCC on the server (without any other applications)?

Is this an official rule?

reinstall? I want to install it one time and then it has to work for month :)

Does Avaya supports Servers with CCC and other Applications on the same server?

if it's only for your demo site then do what you like. for a customer site 100% do not put anything else on. There are a lot of applications/programs which when installed interfere with the running of it.

1 last thing, according to the manual if you have less than 15 agents you are supported to have voicemail pro on the same machine.

THX for your help "TheTaker"!

I have already tried it and everything works on a single machine and with MSDE (the database package that comes with the applications)
I am using this for demo purposes only and therefore it is not a real environment.

I have:
VMPRO
Contactstore
CCC
CBC
Conferencing Centre
Manager
Deltaserver

All of them on the same machine and it works fine. It is just a dual processor server.

You can have all of these on one server because the msde instances are named instances, they are named differently.

I have this and it all works fine.

You cannot have msde and sql however. But you can have multiple instances of msde on 1 server.

However if that one oc goes belly up then you have lost everything which you would not had you spread over a couple of machines.

ACE - Avaya Certified Expert
ACI - Avaya Certified Instructor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back