Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QueryString fails on default page

Status
Not open for further replies.

neofactor

Technical User
Jul 30, 2000
US
Hi:

I am running into a problem with the following.
Previously I released a whole lot of tempates that pointed to a redirect file using the following:
Server.com/redirect/?p=CoolLink

This worked fine under my Coldfusion Server on Windows 2000.
But now I need to switch this redirect to an NT 4 box running ASP.

I have the redirect working fine... but the query string will not work without the deafult.asp in place... meaning I have to have:
Server.com/redirect/default.asp?p=CoolLink

This is not what I want at all! I want the default page to come up see the query and redirect.. but it never sees a query defined without the page name being inserted.

Any idea?

Is this an ASP thing or a Windows NT thing?

Please help... I need to use this server for the redirects since the other is going offline.

Thanks.

I think it's an ASP thing. I'm not sure if this will work but are you sure that default.asp is the default page in your server settings? It's usually set to default.htm.

This will look for default.asp and if it finds it automatically open it. That may add your querystring on but you'll have to give it a try. I'm not 100%

"Life is like a Ferrari, it goes to fast.
But that's ok, because you can't afford it anyway" - Jim Davis (Garfield)

Thanks.. but that is not it...
I have it set for several defaults....

Actually I use index.asp as my defaults.. but the problem remains...

Is it an NT thing or ASP thing any ideas?

i think you may want to investigate/troubleshoot your problem further; i use querystring values with no filename (i.e., the default page) and have no problems.

works fine. can you elaborate on what you mean by the "redirect" page, and how you are doing this?

regards,
-f!

You said it works for you...
Is your system an NT 4.0 windows machine?
It works on my Windows 200 boxes no problem?

Just the NT one that is giving me the problem.

As for a redirect... it is simply a pafe that redirects a user to a new page based on the keyword they enter using a switch base lookup.. if the case matches it takes them there.

I use it mostly to centralize links that change often. So I can centrally redirect people to the updated material.

So if you are running NT 4.0 server then I have something else to worry about.

Let me know ASAP if you can.. so I can plan a awork around.

Thanks.

sorry i missed it in your post noting between NT4 and 2K, and thought it was a CF vs. ASP question... yes, i'm using win2K, so hmmm maybe this is an NT4 issue?

highest regards,
-f!

Any other follow up on this?

Anyone with NT 4 servers and ASP to check this for me?

If it is anything then it is going to be an IIS version issue, not a Windows version issue.

[sub]01000111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01000011 01101111 01100110 01100110 01100101 01100101 00111111[/sub]
The never-completed website:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back