Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Querying for versions of Office and IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paranoid

MIS
Dec 11, 2001
CA
Guys,

I am trying to run a query that displays systems with which version of Office and IE.

I have tried querying for just the Office version so far.

SMS_G_System_SoftwareProduct.ProductName like "Microsoft Office %"

However, when I run the query certain systems will display a number of Microsoft Office entries. It seems that systems may have a number of results for Microsoft Office XP let's say. And some systems will have both Microsoft Office XP and Microsoft Office 2000.

Is my query correct? If so, how do I limit it to the one correct entry for each system.

Also, how can I get the same query to display the version of IE? I am not sure how to do this since my query is already based on my Microsoft Office criterium.

Thanks,

Paranoid

Are you using software metering? If not, you should and then all you have to do is defined which software you want to track under Software Metering Rules and then you just run a report for software metering. This will give you a count for each version.

Gladys Rodriguez
GlobalStrata Solutions

Do you know where I can get a step by step instruction for setting up Software Metering?

anytime!
machines that have XP, but do not have Office 2000 and do not have Office 2003 (from D Rich)

select SMS_R_System.ResourceId, SMS_R_System.Name, SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName = "Microsoft Office XP Professional" and SMS_R_System.ResourceId not in (select SMS_R_System.ResourceID from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "Microsoft Office 2000 %" ) and SMS_R_System.ResourceId not in (select SMS_R_System.ResourceID from SMS_R_System inner join SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS on SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.ResourceID = SMS_R_System.ResourceId where SMS_G_System_ADD_REMOVE_PROGRAMS.DisplayName like "Microsoft Office 2003 %" )

Okay seeing that you were so help full with this can I impose an other question on you? Why is it that there are several machines that simply dont get assigned to the SMS Site? Never have and if I manually install them they still dont show up?

My 1st guess would be that they arent in a boundary, however if they are then its safe to say they are not able to contact their MP or for that matter their slp.

you could take a look at the

LocationServices.log - Determines Active Directory site, SMS site membership, and management point

ClientLocation.log - Identifies SMS site from automatic or manual assignment

and see what that turns up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back