Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query to search by keyword from FORM

Status
Not open for further replies.

selavarti

Programmer
Feb 24, 2004
US
Hi,

I am writing a query to perform a search by keyword. the keyword is accepted from the text box in the form. I have written the condition as
Select..... WHERE (((tbl_issues.issue_desc)=' % [forms]![frm_issues]![text38] % ')).
But this query is not working. Can anyone tell me what's wrong in this, or is there any other syntax.
Thanks in advance

It would help to see the actuall line of code, but my first guess is that you have this:
[forms]![frm_issues]![text38]
inside the double quotes that define the string intead of doing something like this:
...' %" & [forms]![frm_issues]![text38] & "% '...

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

How would set up the query and form to do a keyword search with up to 3 keywords? I have a form set up for up to 3 keywords, and I have two command buttons that will activate queries to include all keywords or any keyword.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back