Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query to Identify various clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

kastaman

IS-IT--Management
Sep 24, 2001
CA
Hi there,

Need some guidance in creating a report / query from our print files.

The print files consists of jobname, account, form #, print volume and printer used. We currently have 10 queries that represent
the 10 clients that the print files represent.

One option I thought was creating a query that will also include the name of the client (like an expression) to help identify the client.

For example:
Parameters:
Jobname - like "*wg*, this represent Wall Greens and I'd like to add this info as part of the records in the query.

If there is a simpler way of combining the 10 queries and identify to the total impressions by client, let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Kastaman

a query that will also include the name of the client
Simply adding the jobname field in the select list don't suffice ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

The jobname is the file name of the print file. I need a way for the query to identify the client name under specific parameters.

Thanks in advance,

Kastaman

Can you please post the SQL code of at least 2 of your 10 queries and what you expect combining them ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

PH,

SELECT DISTINCTROW tbl_Client_Data.Client, Format$([199911].[Date],'yyyy / mm') AS [Billing Month], [199911].Form, Sum([199911].Impressions) AS [Print Impressions]
FROM 199911, tbl_Client_Data
HAVING (((tbl_Client_Data.Client) Like "Biz*") AND (([199911].Form) Like "*BIZ*"))

The specific parameter here is if the form = *BIZ*, I want to show the client as BizSmart. Would the IIF function work? Each client would have a few conditions.

Thanks in advance,

Kastaman

PH,

The other query:

SELECT DISTINCTROW tbl_Client_Data.Client, Format$([199911].[Date],'yyyy / mm') AS [Billing Month], [199911].Account, [199911].Jobname, [199911].Form, Sum([199911].Impressions) AS [Print Impressions]
FROM 199911, tbl_Client_Data
GROUP BY tbl_Client_Data.Client, Format$([199911].[Date],'yyyy / mm'), [199911].Account, [199911].Jobname, [199911].Form
HAVING (((tbl_Client_Data.Client) Like "*cds*") AND (([199911].Jobname) Like "CIBC WM"));

This one would be for Client - World Markets

Thanks in advance,

Kastaman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back