Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnLiner

Technical User
Dec 4, 2002
US
Hi everyone,
I have a question...
I have an employees table, disciplines table, and attendance table. the employees is one-to-many with the discipline and attendance tables.

When I create a query with all three tables in it, not all of the employees are listed. I'm assuming it is because not all employees have matching records in the disciplines and/or attendance tables. Is this true?

I'd like to create an "Activity Report". That being all activity for all employees. I want the data to come from one master query if possible. The reason is I'm going to use this --> <-- to have the users choose which types of activities (query parameters) they want to view on the report. Also
I don't know enough about how querys work to be able to do this. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Select the links between the employees table and the other tables, right click it and select "Join Properties". Select the option "Select ALL records from the employees table and only those records from the discipline/attendance table where the joined fields are equal."

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back