Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query that Loads a specific Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

shauntck

Programmer
Jul 13, 2004
US
Hey guys, I'm looking for a way to query a bunch of records and some how double click (or select and push a button) and have that pull up the corresponding record in a form i created. Anyone have any good ideas as to how I should do that?
As far as I know you can't have queries load forms - what alternatives to this kind of functionality are there?

thank you very much!
-Shaunt

what alternatives to this kind of functionality are there
Have form bound to the query

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

can you be a little more specific as to how to set this up? i'm a little new to access.

Simply follow the Form wizard.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

i don't think you are understanding my question. I want to see a list of rows by executing a query. And some how select one of the rows which would load a form will all that selected row's contents so that I could modify it.

How does one go about doing this?

Hi

I think Zameer's answer to another post answers your question

Hi,
It is very simple...
1. Create a table
2. Create a continues form through wizard using the table
3. Create a single form through wizard using the table.
4. In the continues form put a command button , select open form, select the single form, select show specific record option,match the common field that includes in both the forms,finish.
5. Now the command button has some code behind. Clicking it will open the single form with the selected record.
6.Copy this code, select the common field in continues form open the code window by selecting Double Click event. Paste code there change the command button name from that code to the fields name.
Now double clicking the field will open the single form with the selected record.
hope this helps
Zameer Abdulla

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

The post is:

Need Form help
thread702-885243

in this forum, in case you want to follow it and/or thank Zameer

Regards