Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query Recordset Too Few Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

dftjsn

Programmer
Feb 25, 2002
US
I'm trying to open an ADO Recordset with the following:

Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
Dim ProjectORGID As String
Dim ProjectISNUMBER As Long
ProjectORGID = "ZZZZDEMO"
ProjectISNUMBER = 1
rst.Open "qrySelectedProjectCitations", CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly, adCmdTable

The SQL from qrySelectedProjectCitations is:

PARAMETERS ProjectISNUMBER Long, ProjectORGID Text ( 255 );
SELECT tblCitationProjectAssignment.LocProj_IS_NUMBER, tblCitationProjectAssignment.LocProj_ORG_ID, tblCitationProjectAssignment.LocCITN_IS_NUMBER, tblCitationProjectAssignment.LocCITN_ORG_ID, tblCitationProjectAssignment.TSMPROJ_IS_NUMBER, tblCitationProjectAssignment.TSMPROJ_ORG_ID, tblCitationProjectAssignment.TSRCITN_IS_NUMBER, tblCitationProjectAssignment.TSRCITN_ORG_ID, tblCitationProjectAssignment.D_USERID_CODE, tblCitationProjectAssignment.D_LAST_UPDATE_TS
FROM tblCitationProjectAssignment
WHERE (((tblCitationProjectAssignment.LocProj_IS_NUMBER)=[ProjectISNUMBER]) AND ((tblCitationProjectAssignment.LocProj_ORG_ID)=[ProjectORGID]));

I get an error message -2147217904 about having too few parameters. I'm passing in ProjectISNUMBER and ProjectORGID, but it doesn't seem to take them.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

dftjsn

I think that you should not put quote marks around

qrySelectedProjectCitations.

If that is a string variable that contains the SQL then it should not be enclosed in quotes.

Rac2,

Thanks for your response. qrySelectedProjectCitations is actually the name of the query. It is not a string variable so it should be enclosed in quotes. The error message I get is -2147217904 "No value given for one or more required parameters". Evidently the values for ProjectISNUMBER and ProjectORGID aren't getting passed into the query. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

dftjsn

The solution was to use an ADO command object and create parameters like this:

Dim p1 As ADODB.Parameter
Dim p2 As ADODB.Parameter
Dim qryCmd As ADODB.Command
Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset
Set qryCmd = New ADODB.Command
With qryCmd
.ActiveConnection = CurrentProject.Connection
.CommandText = "qrySelectedProjectCitations"
.CommandType = adCmdTable
Set p1 = .CreateParameter("ProjectISNUMBER", adInteger, adParamInput)
.Parameters.Append p1
p1.Value = 1
Set p2 = .CreateParameter("ProjectORGID", adVarChar, adParamInput, 8)
.Parameters.Append p2
p2.Value = "ZZZZDEMO"
.Execute
End With
Set rst = New ADODB.Recordset
rst.Open qryCmd, , adOpenStatic, adLockReadOnly
rst.Close
Set rst = Nothing

My mistake. I did not understand that "qrySelectedProjectCitations" could be the name of something. Perhaps similar to the name of a VIEW or TABLE.

Thanks for posting your solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back