Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query or Report ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo13a

Technical User
Apr 27, 2003
US
hello, I'm not sure if this is a query or report question, but here goes. I'm trying to make a report that has labor hours totals for the week and also a running total. I'm working with two fields OT and DT from tblEmployeeHours. I wanted the report to have the labor presented left to right with column headings designating the dates. I can create a query(actually 3 built on top of each other as I wasn't sure how to Sum the totals) that will give me the totals. I also created a crosstab query that will give me totals but I can't apply criteria to it. The other query pulls back daily info. When I try to create a report my information(the dates) is displayed in rows. I suppose this is because I grouped on the employee name. Any ideas on a better method. I don't think I'm doing this right. Can I create one query to return the running totals(for labor hours) and also the daily(labor hours)?

Thanks,
Jim

I assume you have created a report with the three fields - Date, OT and DT. Just copy and paste the OT and DT fields and set the property Running Sum equal to Yes on the copies.

The OT and DT fields give the hours for the day and the Copies of them show the running total.

Dave

Thanks, How can I have a report that shows the days(or dates) for the current week with the corresponding value, e.g. M T W T F S S
8 8 8 8 8 8 8
Regards,
jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back