Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query on ODBC linked table returns wrong date

Status
Not open for further replies.

emikoo

Technical User
Jul 12, 2002
NL
Hi,

I run a query on an external database, via a "Simba" ODBC client. Now when I enter criteria: #09/16/02#, the query returns rows from 05/28/02...

The date format of the external database = YYMMDD, my PC is MM/DD/YY. But I believe the ODBC driver should be able to handle this.

Any suggestions?

Emile

Hi,
My guess is that 05/28/02 is the first date in your database. If you are using ODBC then you need to show your dates as '09/16/02' only Access uses the #Date# format. Try that ..... John

Hi Ifelsethen,

Thnxs for your feedback.

If what you say is correct, would it then not have retrieved all the records in the database?

EK

Right only the records for the date that you that you asked for. Dates are the problem child of programming (Y2K for example). If you have the time stamp with the date field then we are talking something different. John

John,

FYI: Solved the problem. I have a make table query: if I go to design mode and do a preview, it returns the wrong date. But if I simply run the query (and make the table) it takes into account the proper dates. Pretty strange, but problem solved.

EK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back