Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

query of beginner

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasadalone

Programmer
Aug 15, 2002
i know the java as a beginner but i dont know what should i learn first in java applet,swing,awt,ejb

Bye

prasad

Well, I think it would be best to figure your way around the standard AWT first of all, (which even works on the Microsoft Virtual Machine). After that, maybe have a look at applets, which shouldn't be too difficult once you know about slider bars and buttons and the like (since you can use all of them on applets as well as in normal AWT frames).

Then, maybe have a look at javax.swing.* which pretty much just extends the AWT with a whole lot of newer, better looking things, and allows you to easily change the look and feel of your application/applet.

I haven't tried out JavaBeans yet, but I think they are movable (visual) components - a bit like ActiveX components - that can be moved easily between programs. So, I should say that they're the last thing to learn about: once you've got some programs to move them about between.

There's some tutorials and stuff on Sun's Java site at and
Ofcourse, if you just happen to want to write a Swing applet with an Enterprise JavaBean in it, then just scan the net for a good example, and do it.

Hope it helps,
Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back