Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Query Mailbox Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

allanrxx

Programmer
Feb 25, 2004
US
Hi,

Is there any way to export the current mailbox size for each Exchange 5.5 user into a text file/csv? I was hoping to do something similar to a directory export....except for mailbox size. (Or if I can export the raw data and calculate the sizes myself, that would be great too.)

Thanks in advance.

Mailbox limits are directory attributes, and can thus be exported by directory export. Mailbox sizes are store attributes, so directory export can't see these. You'd need some sort of programmed utility to connect to the store to see these (non-trivial).

If a manual solution is acceptible, you can view them in Admin under Private Information Store. You can then save the window contents to a CSV from the File menu.

Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by 'non-trivial'?

Is there any way to export the Private Information Store view via the command line so I won't have to open the Admin interface manually? I'm guessing not... Like if I could do some sort of batch that would open the Admin interface, set the view to Private Information store, export the view to a csv, and then close the Admin interface?

Well, anything's possible, but by 'non-trivial' I mean it'll involve coding effort and dabbling around with APIs to get at the info you want (because you'll effectively be replicating the code of Admin to get at this info).

Another solution might be to use some software that can already do this for you, like Crystal Reports, NetIQ AppManager, or any one of a few different monitoring and management consoles that are available for Exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back